1. put all your money in one asset class, spread it out in various asset classes like debit, equity, mutual funds, gold and real estate
2. believe what financial advisers say, do your own research
3. use credit cards, not even as an emergency fund. [see Credit cards - to have or not to have ?]
4. listen to hot stock tips
5. get greedy
6. be a miser, spend some – within limit and enjoy life
7. spend everything, save some for life’s surprises
I’m sure you can add many more to this list in the comments, go ahead!